Brown Bag Day
- Friday, February 8, 2018: 8:30 AM (food prep), then 10 AM– Noon (give away)
- Friends Meeting House, 4312 Southeast Stark Street, Portland [MAP]
Because everyone needs to eat, right? Everyone.
No questions, no judgement — just food.
Come lend a hand on Brown Bag Day. We make 100-150 nourishing lunches (with hot homemade soup in cold weather), and then deliver them on the streets to folks who are hungry. Simple. Every person getting a Brown Bag will have at least one full meal that day.
Everyone needs a healthy, filling meal, and the more of us who show up, the more lunches we can offer to folks on the street. No experience needed, just a kind heart and a couple of hours on Friday morning. Let us know if you can help, or if you have any questions.
WHERE & WHEN & WHAT:
Meet at Friends Meeting House, 4312 SE Stark, Portland, to prepare food from 8:30–10:00 AM. Then head out in teams to offer lunches to folks under bridges, on street corners, and in doorways. Every lunch includes a fresh deli-style sandwich, fruit, a hardboiled egg, cookies, water, and other munchies. And we include homemade soup in the cold months.
Can’t make it Friday? We welcome the items below, and you can drop them off between 8:30-10:00 AM, even if you can’t stay. Or contact us for more info.
We welcome donations of the following items
- Home-made or store-bought cookies, brownies, and muffins
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Nutritious snacks (granola bars, mini carrots, etc.)
- Good-quality fresh fruits
- Home-made soup (we keep it hot and serve it up on the spot)
Financial donations help us purchase food and supplies!
Donations in any amount help us fill the bags.$50 provides 12 hearty Brown Bag meals. $15 provides 4 hearty meals.
Whether you give funds or food, you’re helping to feed folks who need hand getting good meals. DONATE HERE
Other ways to help:
- Solicit food donations or grocery gift cards at markets where you shop.
- Ask friends or local businesses to support this project. Every donation makes a difference.