Everyone needs to eat, right? Everyone.
No questions, no judgement — just food.
Brown Bag Day
- Friday, Nov. 8, 2019: 8:30 AM (food prep), and 10 AM– Noon (give away)
- Friends Meeting House, 4312 Southeast Stark Street, Portland [MAP]
Come and help! We’ll make 100-125 nourishing lunches with hearty sandwiches, fresh fruit, cookies, and snack items. Then we’ll deliver them to folks on the streets who are hungry. It’s that simple. And that vital: everyone who gets a Brown Bag will have at least one full meal that day.
Let us know if you can help, or if you have any questions. The more volunteers, the more lunches we can offer to folks under bridges, sitting on street corners, and huddled in doorways. No experience is needed – just a kind heart and a couple of hours on Friday morning.
WHAT WE DO:
Prepare food from 8:30–10:00 AM. Distribute from 10:00 to noon. Every lunch includes a fresh deli-style sandwich, fruit, a hardboiled egg, cookies, water, and other munchies.
Can’t make it Friday? Feel free to drop off contributions between 8:30-10:00 AM, and we’ll take it from there. Or contact us for more info.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Home-made or store-bought cookies, brownies, and muffins
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Nutritious snacks (granola bars, cheese sticks, mini carrots, etc.)
- Good-quality fresh fruits
- Home-made soup (October–April, we serve it hot, on the spot.)
PLEASE DONATE. Your contribution will help us purchase food and supplies to provide meals for 100–125 people.
Donations in any amount help fill our lunch bags. Even $5 means someone will have a good meal that day. $15 = 4 hearty meals. $50 = 12 hearty Brown Bag lunches. Whether you give funds or food, you’re helping to feed folks who need a hand getting good meals right where they are.
Other ways to help:
- Solicit food donations or grocery gift cards at markets where you shop.
- Ask friends or local businesses to support this project. Every donation makes a difference.