Welcome to Living Earth!
Living Earth is a nonprofit social benefit organization. Donations are tax-deductible; our federal tax ID number is 93-1331068.
Your donation, designated gift, or best-friend pledge keeps the wheel of Living Earth turning.
TO ATTEND AN EVENT, USE THE DONATE LINK. Note your intention for the event or a particular program on the donation form. We’ll confirm by email.
- Community Gatherings & Special Events: Winter Solstice Celebration, meditation programs, Summer Interdependence Picnic, workshops, retreats, and special offerings through the year. Most are open to all at no cost, and your donations make that possible.
- Mutual Aid: Distributing materials, goods, food, and services at the grassroots, to sustain community and solidarity, especially during pandemic conditions and economic upheaval.
- Dharma Offerings: Meditations, workshops, and contemplative opportunities to support stability and resilience;
- Loving | Living | Dying: Workshops and retreats to look deeply at the whole sphere of being human: the joy and beauty of life and its impermanence, as well as loss, grief, and death.
- Climate Dharma | One Earth, One Heart: Intermittent programs based on principles of ecological interdependence, to engage communities and foster justice and kindness, to awaken awareness and responsibility for the planet, and to include and serve everyone as destabilized climate conditions change our world.
- Brown Bags and Winter Warming: Creative compassionate responses to meet the urgent needs of folks in the Portland region for food and warmth, especially in winter.
- Inclusivity Scholarships: Our programs focus on the world we all share, beautiful and broken. The brokenness falls especially hard on marginalized communities, and it is what today’s young people and coming generations will have to navigate in the decades ahead. Scholarships helps us include youth and anyone short of means who want to participate in our programs and activities.
- Living Earth opposes fascism and oppression in any form, and supports courageous, creative, nonviolent resistance to injustice and abuses of power.
Become a Best Friend of Living Earth
Our boat is light and it’s easy to help us stay afloat. Simple monthly pledges, whether $8 or $108 or any amount at all, enable us to keep our programs going. You decide what works works for you. Rain or shine, we’ll row the boat together. That’s what friends do.
Thank you for nurturing seeds of peace, justice, beauty, and balance in our world and ensuring that our programs can continue. Our annual IRS 990 financial reporting can be found at Guidestar.com. Questions? Contact us here, or leave a message at 503-358-5204.