Welcome to Living Earth!
Your donation, designated contribution, or monthly pledge will keep the wheel of Living Earth turning.
Gifts to Living Earth are tax-deductible; our federal tax ID number is 93-1331068.
You support can help keep all of our activities going, or you can specify any of our program areas below. Indicate “all programs” or note your specific program intention when you’re ready to give. We’ll confirm by email.
- Mutual Aid Support: Distributing materials, goods, and services at a grassroots level to sustain community and solidarity, especially during Covid-19 pandemic and economic crisis.
- Dharma Offerings: Meditations, dharma dialogues, and contemplative opportunities to support stability and resilience;
- Loving | Living | Dying: Workshops and retreats to look deeply at whole sphere of being human: the joy and beauty of life, as well as impermanence, loss, grief, and death.
- Climate Dharma | One Earth, One Heart: We offer intermittent programs based on principles of ecological interdependence, to engage communities and foster justice and kindness, to include and serve everyone as we all face the changing climate conditions ahead.
- Community Gatherings & Special Events: Winter Solstice Celebration, Summer Interdependence Picnic, and special offerings through the year [suspended as of March 15, 2020].
- Brown Bags | Winter Warming: Creative compassionate responses to urgent needs of folks in the Portland region, especially in winter [suspended as of March 15, 2020].
- Youth & Inclusivity Scholarships: Our programs focus on the world we all share, beautiful and broken. It is the world today’s youth will have to navigate when we’re gone. If events have a cost or suggested donation, your support helps us include youth and others short on means who want to participate.
- Living Earth opposes fascism and oppression in any form, and supports courageous, creative, nonviolent resistance to injustice and abuses of power.
Become a Best Friend of Living Earth
Our boat is light and it’s easy to help us stay afloat. Simple monthly pledges, whether $8 or $108 or any amount at all, is what enables us to keep our programs going. Choose what works for you and, rain or shine, we’ll row the boat together. That’s what friends do.
Thank you for nurturing seeds of peace, justice, beauty, and balance in our world and ensuring that our programs can continue. Our annual IRS 990 financial reporting can be found at Guidestar.com. Questions? Contact us here, or leave a message at 503-358-5204.