Welcome to Living Earth!
Living Earth is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, social benefit organization. Donations are tax-deductible per IRS rules; our federal tax ID number is 93-1331068.
All gifts and best-friend pledges help Living Earth keep turning. You can designate your gift when you give, in line with the categories below.
Through January 31, 2023, we’re gathering gifts for Warm Springs. These funds will provide mutual aid for the tribal community at Warm Springs, to purchase and deliver vitally needed drinking water. Warm clothing items (new or very lightly used) are also urgently needed. To designate your donation this way, please note “Warm Springs” when you give. We’ll confirm and update folks on how our monthly efforts are going.
- Keep the Wheel Turning: To support all Living Earth’s activities.
- Mutual Aid for Warm Springs: 100% of these donations support delivering water, food, materials, and goods to the Warm Springs Community. Please specify “Warm Springs Community” on your donation form. These funds foster community resilience and solidarity, especially as climate change and economic upheaval escalate the levels of need.
- Dharma Offerings: Meditations, workshops, and contemplative opportunities to support stability and resilience;
- Loving | Living | Dying: Workshops and retreats to look deeply at the whole sphere of being human: the joy and beauty of life and its impermanence, as well as loss, grief, and death.
- Community Gatherings & Special Events: Winter Solstice Celebrations, Meditation programs, Summer Interdependence Picnic, workshops, and events through the year. Many are offered at no cost, made possible by the member donations we receive.
- Climate Dharma | One Earth, One Heart: Intermittent programs based on principles of ecological interdependence, to engage communities and foster justice and kindness, to activate awareness and responsibility for the planet, and to serve people, places, and affected species, as climate change escalates and challenges our world.
- [NOTE: Brown Bags and Winter Warming are suspended through 2022]: These creative compassionate programs respond to the urgent needs of folks in the Portland region for food and warmth, especially in winter.
- Inclusivity Scholarships: The world today is beautiful and broken, and the brokenness falls hardest on marginalized communities. Today’s young people in particular will have to navigate this terrain through their lives, but many people are struggling. Scholarships enable youth and others who are short of means to participate in our offerings.
To designate your gift, just note which program or event on your donation form, per the list above. Or write your own note and designation. We’ll confirm your intention and distribution by email.
Living Earth opposes fascism, racism, and oppression in any form. And further, we support courageous, compassionate, nonviolent resistance to all injustice and abuses of power.
Become a Best Friend of Living Earth
Our boat is light and it’s easy to help us stay afloat. Simple monthly pledges, whether $8 or $108 or any amount at all, enable us to keep our programs going. You decide what works works for you. Rain or shine, we’ll row the boat together. That’s what friends do.
Thank you for nurturing seeds of peace, justice, beauty, and balance in our world and ensuring that our programs can continue. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, social benefit organizations, per IRS certification. Questions? Contact us here, or leave a message at 503-358-5204.