Programs and practices to nurture resilient hearts and cultivate kindness, justice, beauty, and balance in our lives and in our world.
Living Earth’s programs enrich our sense of possibility and belonging, and encourage creative, compassionate responses to the world we all love.
- A Community of Practice. Living Earth offers periodic opportunities for contemplative practice and study, as well as workshops and retreats that incorporate meditations and contemplative insights from the world’s enduring wisdom traditions.
- Compassion in Action. Our Brown Bag Project feeds folks on the streets throughout the year. No questions, no judgement, just food. Because everyone needs to eat. In fall and winter, our Winter Warming program provides a bright rainbow of new, hand-crafted, cozy items every fall and winter for babies, kids, teens, adults, and elderly neighbors, to help people in our region stay warm in winter.
- Loving, Living, and Dying. Workshops and retreats that offer opportunities to explore the wonder of life’s beauty and the inherent truth of impermanence, when upheaval, change, trauma, grief, or death are at our door.
- Vital Conversations. Discussion and dialogue at monthly gatherings focus on significant issues of our time including racism, climate change, political upheaval, social tensions, and current cultural events.
- Community Gatherings. Monthly potlucks, occasional hikes, and summer picnics are on our calendar through the year. Highlights are a Celebration of Interdependence on July 4, an autumn Harvest Gathering, and a beautiful Winter Solstice Celebration in December.